Tuesday 22 January 2013

folding hands

"Is any among you afflicted? Let him pray. Is any merry? Let him sing psalms."  {James 5:13}
Prayer is for a lifetime. An eternity in conversation to the Lord. It allows us to approach God in our words. To step forward and plead our case to Him. Through our moments of prayer we are giving Him thanksgiving, adoration, cries for help, and the acceptance of Him as our grace and enduring God. It is our worship, a time to praise our Father and look to receive what He has to give unto us.
Some people don't know how to pray, what is right and wrong? If there is even a distinction? I wouldn't know. I scream at Him some days, cry to Him begging for peace, others. I also rejoice in His life in me. I dance in prayer in the presence of Him. I sound quite crazy at times, up in my room talking to myself. Talking to Him for hours on end as if He is there physically and responding in words for a human ear to behold. I hear Him in my life, my everyday. My attempts at living a peace filled, giving, perfect life always crumble so there is much need to pray. God's instruction for prayer was written in the book of Matthew.
"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."  {6:5-6}
 It was instructions, a hint of how to connect to Him through such a personal way. And even the Son found a great satisfaction in prayer. He needed this time to reconnect and call to His Father for help and guidance. He set this example for His disciples and now for us.
"But He would withdraw to desolate places and pray."  {Luke 5:16}
 And God longs for this time when we rest in Him and ask for words to say to others or our own conversations with Him. He wants us to throw our pride aside and with folding hands, open hands, waving hands and angry fists, come to Him and lay down all that is on our hearts at His feet. He will always prevail and work everything out for the good. When we rely on the grace of God fully, He will look at our circumstances and with love sort them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment