Tuesday 11 September 2012

Shedding the Cocoon

'This is the day the Lord has made, let us REJOICE and be glad in it.'  ---Psalm 118:24
I am starting this great expedition, another chapter. To get right down to all the splendor of Christ! It is truly wonderful to think of all the great news the Lord brings to us in a day. The blessings, He comforts us in prayer, our dreams show glimpses of His majesty, and our breath, such a provider He is. However, in order to see all of this, we must decide to get up, stretch out our arms and inhaled, bring feeling into the morning before you trek to school or work. Embrace the idea of Jesus showing you something new, teaching you of His ways and sharing this with others. I find such JOY in that fact, that God DOES show us this, He shows us beautiful things in this world. My friend was riding her bike home from school and she described taking her hands off the handlebars and just received God's love, "I want more of your love," she cried out. Then as her bike sped down, a tiny monarch was gliding beside her. It stayed with her for a while, then flew high into the sky, above the chaos of the busy streets, past the electric wires, and up, up, up it went. "Freedom, my child. You are free with me. Nothing holds you down. I have no boundaries. You are free. Come up here and see more of me." We need only to be still. I know it seems confusing after telling a story of someone riding their bike, but to be still with feeling, not actions! God doesn't want us to lay about everyday in wait mode, but to feel or have the desire to feel Him, the One who fills me with LIGHT. We can all bring this Light to our schools and to our jobs, we can allow people to see Christ through us. Without saying a verse of scripture, in times of silence and stillness we are able to take in so much of what Abba, our Father is trying to show us or tell us.
I know that I hate the feeling of not knowing what someone wants to say to me, if its in class or anywhere, my friend does this all the time...To prevent the teacher from hearing us, she whispers so softly, and you know it's about something inmportant, you can see their lips moving, but you can't quit make out the words, then you have to wait until after class, but that person has moved on and says never mind, and you feel left out. Now, Jesus on the other hand will never say 'never mind,' He will keep trying to reach you, in small ways or large ways, but He NEVER gives up. So we must never give up, never say, 'never mind,' we must be still in the cocoon and wait for the whispers of God and slowly break it's silk walls and feel the morning sun, spread our gorgeous wings and go tell the world of what God has done.
And this doesn't just happen once, but it continues, with everyday, every moment, it says in Jeremiah 33,
 'Call to me and I WILL answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.'
And when we find ourselves stuck in this cocoon that feels more like steal, then silk. Well, God comes through the walls and just holds you against His chest. I rest in Abba in those times. I find peace and calmness in that time spent in the cocoon. He lays next to me, waiting for the moment I decide to look up at His glorious face and be reborn out of that silk pod.

No comments:

Post a Comment