Saturday 8 December 2012

in this night. in this day

"At midnight I rise to praise you [Lord], because of your righteous ordinances. I am a companion of all who fear you, of those who keep your precepts [commands]. ---Psalm 119:62-63
My prayer

There are times, Lord,
when it is good for me to be alone with you,
to contemplate my life, to reaffirm my need for you and your care for me,
and to listen to your heartbeat. 
I need to be quiet,
for in quietness I find you.
But there are also times when I need to be immersed in community,
to have vital connections with those around me,
to feel their needs, and to share my own needs with them.
I need to be in fellowship, for in community I also find you.
Amen.

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." ---Psalm 118:24
 Prayer

Today, Lord,
don't let my day pass without
savoring one or more of the following:
the feeling of a hug or smile from someone I love;
the sights of creation from flowers,
trees and animals
to a sunset or moon rise;
the taste of a favorite flavor or smell;
the sound of a song I enjoy singing or listening to;
the sense of accomplishment I feel from a job well done;
the uniqueness of this day you've given to me.
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment