Wednesday 10 October 2012

Thank You!


For thanksgiving, my family and I went up to the lake. It is a rather small lake, but filled with so much to do. I love packing for the cottage, it took me 5 minutes to throw as much as I could in a very small bag and grab my book and my ipod and off we went. The start of a great adventure....I have many of those at Thannet Lake. My brother and grandpa went up ahead of the rest of us and my mum, dad and I tagged along after. It was so dark when we arrived and I love that the most, because the first morning being up there feels like Christmas. I leave my warm cozy bed and peer around the corner into the hallway and make my way to the living area to see out the glass door and view the beauty of outside. Thank you!
The trees are so old there, they stand very tall and wise. I like to think that the tips of these trees have not yet been touched by human hands, but they are grasped by God every time the wind blows. Thank you!
I feel most at home here, in this place there is such peace. Our lives up here are never peaceful, there's just so much excitement! I do feel Abba everywhere in this place though. In the trees and the smells, the animals that come and greet me and the waters of the lake. I could go on, it's quite easy to do. Thank you!

There is such freedom. Thank you!
I found myself out on the trails this weekend. I would take one of my dogs and a radio...and no socks! I would ATV through as many of these trails as I could find, and surprise the deer and scare away the wild turkeys with the rev of the engine. It was so fun and my dogs enjoyed it a lot. Thank you!
Then around sun set on the last evening there, I came to the top of a great hill and looked over the trees and the few cabins. I saw the sun settle down far past these trees. It was getting cold out, but the heat off of the ATV was keeping me warm. The sky was golden with smears of purple and clusters of orange. I looked up at this sight and felt like I had been so distracted by racing by on this vehicle that I had been missing out on the true beauty found in this land and sky and water there. I turned off the engine and huddle on the ground with my dog and watched for a while as the sun continued to fall from the sky. We kept each other warm and I kept my bare feet against her fur coat so they wouldn't fall off!
That was the best!
Thank you!
I felt Jesus there with me in that moment. A time to be still and calm. I started thinking about what Autumn is to me. I thought about Ecclesiastes 3:1-8. In my bathroom at home, the wall paper shows four different scarecrows in the four seasons with four different captions underneath each one. It is from these verses...
'There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.'
---Ecc. 3:1
This relates to every season, but the Fall stands out the most to me. I don't know why, it just does and i love that mystery. I think the closest I've ever gotten to answering this, is that I have never seem a more beautiful sight of dying! Everything around me in this season is dying, is expiring! It's time again for the frost to come and these leaves and plants fall and break down. But to me, it is the most amazing death ever. It is a time every year, that is so brief that I hold onto every memory. Watching everyday for more and more leaves to change and then fall.
I am so thankful for this season. All that takes place in this time.
I went home and de-thawed my toes for an hour, but kept thinking of that time I spent. Without a doubt it was the best Thanksgiving ever! I adore that place and the people I shared that weekend with. Thanks be to Him...our great Creator.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment