Tuesday 6 November 2012

Within the Inner World, but Not Apart of it.

I am a bird in a cage.
A bird of colors unlike a peacock or hummingbird....these colors once danced on my back and came to life, it was love, it was the ability to come and go. Until I was placed in this cage. It is small and grey. The floors are tile and the bars are barbed wire. It is a home that I am forced to house in. It is a place where my colors are striped.
Oh please sun, sunlight and sunshine, which falls through the little window in the corner of this room, which my cage is placed in. Spread vastly and touch my wings which stretch out to meet you each morning. I hear the call of my comrades as they search for me. I am not of this place. I do not belong here in this house, within this cage of rust and grey. These people stare at me, they admire my colors. I want to be set free so that my pastels of orange, green and yellow, and the bright contrasts of blue and purple that spike my spine will be revealed to them, my true beauty, but first I must stay in here. Waiting.
Wanting so much more.
I hear whispers. Hopes and desires of a sky again. Of blue and ivory, of wind and warmth. I wonder if it has changed much out there, but more I wonder if I have. I stare at this tile and wire and the copper walls that are built around my cage. I must escape, I must fly again. I do not belong in this dwelling! I am not the peacock or hummingbird.....these colors must be set free to dance on my back once more. Wait! the door is open.....
Do I enter the unknown? For I have gotten so used to this cage! I know its corners and its dimensions, how can I leave it? The opportunity is there in front of me, but I must gather some courage and go forth beyond this grey, to create a world of uncertainty. That is where things start to get colorful again!

No comments:

Post a Comment