Thursday 8 November 2012

thoughts of a roof dweller

The sky has many meanings to people. It can resemble some kind of luck, like the saying, "red sky at night, sailors delight", to others it can be  more symbolic, like in Romeo and Juliet. "star crossed lovers," which meant when shooting stars crossed, it was a bad sign. 

my roof
To me, I think the sky is the closest thing on this earth to God. It has so many patterns and forms. It is a space that is untouchable, it is air. I ponder about it's dimensions and textures that are always  forming and then changing so quickly. No picture is able to capture it's true beauty. Just like God. It is a physical view of God. No face, no explanation, just color and life. It is an emotion, an energy. It can make itself looked to be feared and it can look inviting. It holds the power of the storms and every ray of sun. The distance of this territory is infinite, just like Him. 
Jesus painting

As much as you may be able to study this realm, it can never be conquered! It is constantly changing, making new plans form for us all, below it. It is never hard to see. It is there. Above, waiting to be looked at. And even in the most gloomy days, it is still so glorious.

This is where we go to see it. To reach out. To try and fathom how the colors are layered so perfectly and each time the wind blows the trees look like they're dancing on this canvas. This roof is a place, a meeting with God. A conversation without any words. Each time I think I have unraveled one mystery of Him, the sun sets and the colors fade along with my grasp of His understanding. 

best thing to do in the morning!
lucky birds! I want to be up there too.
This is where I dwell, where my heart finds itself some moments. On a roof, a very small and rigid roof top. I talk and listen and absorb the sky. Every ray, every chilly breeze is one more taste of God. The sky reminds me of my Father.

What in this world reminds you of Abba? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment