Thursday 21 February 2013

Found the Cure!

School is hefty this semester and I have been taking every opportunity to relax and catch up on homework. I was starting to feel sluggish and felt there was something big missing from my life.... GOD! JESUS! I took a minute and tried to remember the last time I talked with God, the last time I picked up my bible, the last one on one jam session in worship. Here is the scary thing though...other then an evening prayer before bed, I haven't said a word to Abba, in such a long time, not even words unspoken, My bible, has a tiny layer of dust on it, granted that my room does get dusty, but still. And my i-pod has been dead in the bottom of my cottage bag for a few weeks now. I started thinking that with my busy schedule at school, which left me a little tired, I couldn't just add Him into this craziness, I know I wouldn't get anything out of that time and I would only want it to be over. I remembered something that I did at the end of every week that was so rejuvenating and wonderful. My Sabbath! On Sunday I rested, not on a sofa, or bed, but in God. It ends my week in a beautiful way and in a better state of mind and heart. After church I dance and celebrate and after lunch I pray and read, in the evening I go on adventures and walks with my Father and spend time with my family.

Trying to live without God, trying to avoid or forgetting for a while like I did made me feel sick. My life felt devoid of something very important. For those who don't know God may feel like they are always searching for something other then God. A thing to center them, when all that can be is God! I found the cure to my heart. I found Jesus and all that comes with Him, such joy and great peace. Grace and love. He sustains me and spending time with Him and letting Jesus intercede me, brings light and energy back to my life.
Joshua told the Israelites, "Come here and listen to the words of the Lord your God." 

No comments:

Post a Comment